Monday 27 July 2009

Tamiflu - what they aren't making clear enough

I know that most of the people who read my blog will know this but I'd thought I'd share this for the wider web community following a conversation with my doctor this morning (I have a nasty virus NOT swineflu just so you know and I never thought I had swineflu either).
Basically it is very easy to get a reference code for a dose of tamiflu (just ticking the right boxes on the online survey will get you one), but it only works on Swineflu (H1N1) if you have it when you take the Tamiflu - if you take it now and get Swineflu (H1N1) later on then you're not going to get any more Tamiflu (because you've had your allotted dose) and you'll be screwed because even if they give you Tamiflu then it won't work because you've had it once.

This is something that I don't think they are making clear enough to people at this moment in time.

Right then, I'm off back to my sick bed to listen to Slayer until I feel better.

\m/

No comments: