Here are the rules of what to do with this award, and then the list of 10 honest things about me.
“When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’.Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”
I have a slight problem doing the noms as I only follow Helen's blog at the minute and not many of my friends / people I come into contact with blog so I'll have to agree to nominate these people as I come across them - I will add the details as comments on this post.
Honest Things About Me
1. I have Obsessional Compulsive Disorder and suffer from Depression. I have both of these all my adult life (and a bit longer). I take good med's that keep both aspects under good control and, these, combined with things I learnt from some excellent group therapy earlier this year, allow me to have a good quality of life. Without them there would not be a me.
2. I am soppy. I love a happy ending, I'm unashamedly in love with my wife, I adore my kids (though they're gits sometimes!?!) and think the lost causes are the ones that deserve the most support. I always the one cheering for the underdog.
3. I am completely at ease with the prospect of dying. My death does not bother me but the impact of it on those I love does. That said, I'm in absolutely no rush to do so.
4. I get on better with animals than I do other human beings, and at times I can be very misanthropic.
5. You're either my friend or you're not. If I care about you then I will do anything for you, I'll be loyal to the death and I will share my life with you. If not, then I won't, it's as simple as that.
6. I hate the term Normal. The sooner we realise that there is no such fecking thing then the world might just start being a better place, and a lot of people will start to feel a hell of a lot better about themselves, and other people.
7. I struggle to cry, but when I do it's sometimes quite spectacular. I'm a very emotional person but crying is something I rarely do, I just don't seem natural predisposed to it...go figure?!?
8. I am a frustrated writer with an inferiority complex. I love to write but hate people seeing my stuff.
9. I believe in fate, but not predestination, and the interconnectedness of all things. I think we control where we're going but somethings happen because they are meant to, not because of any great plan, just because they have to due to cause&effect. I do NOT believe that there is a grand plan or a reason for living.
10. I collect quotes, motto's, idioms, slogans, proverbs and anecdotes. I love them, and there is a lot of wisdom in them.
11. I am fascinated by things that I am not intellectually able to fully grasp. Chaos Theory, Particle Physics, Biology, space travel, computer programming, the full spectrum of human languages, psychology and guitar playing are just a few examples.