Wednesday 19 May 2010

An abject lesson in cycles

It's easy to talk about life going in cycles when you're "up", when things are going right and the sun seems to always be shining.
Recently my life has been more down than up. But it has taught me a hard, yet needed lesson about the cycle of things.........

Sometimes life get's hard. Sometimes you can see it coming and brace yourself for it, other times it seems to come out of nowhere, either which way it happens and there is nothing you can do to avoid it.
And why would you want to?
Ok, fair enough, you'd want to avoid it because no-one really wants to go through pain and suffering (physical or mental) and certainly no-one wants to see their loved ones going through the same.
What I mean is, when you consider that life actually teaches us more about ourselves and the cycle of life during these times, after each of these times you know things will get better. And before they do you will find new reserves of strength and stamina ( both physical and mental) that will serve you well for the future.
Now when you in the mire and you're so far down you don't seem to be able to see the sun it can be hard to believe it (and I know, at times I can be such a sceptic about these things I'm almost ashamed of myself.lol) but it is true.

Just as sure as day follows night, the good will follow the bad.

Of course this also means that night follows day and that nothing ever lasts forever.

The trick is to enjoy every moment despite the knowledge that it is finite. Sounds hard doesn't it? Well, to be honest, I found it hard but it is possible. :)

Now I could end this article hoping that you'd believe the above without an example of the cycle of which I speak, but that wouldn't be fair would it?

So the example........

After three months of family troubles, with my job hanging in the balance and things being generally smeggy, thanks to a twist of fate and twitter I have been handed an opportunity to do something I have always wanted to do but never thought I'd get chance to do.
Thanks to Lily Oak I am on the list of writers at Hedge-Witchery Books and will be contributing to Incantation e-zine.
The list of writers at Hedge-Witchery Books is truly fantastic and to be amongst them is an honour.

Good times are ahead.
\m/

No comments: