Tuesday 2 December 2008

It's been a while....

So here we are at the beginning of the last month of 2008, this year appears to have flown by - dunno why, just does (I know that some people have theories about time going quicker as we age but I'm not sure I buy into that).

Life is an interesting thing, just when you seem to have settled things into a predictable order, then out of the blue comes an old friend or a new aquaintance that changes things again. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's what makes life what it is. I consider myself lucky to have the people that I do around me and to have the friends both old and new that I have. If a persons worth is to be judged by those he calls friend then I am indeed a rich man.

One thing that life has shown me in the last month is that, though you do have to grow old - you don't have to grow up! As long as you are happy and doing no harm then why should you? I intend to be this passionate about the things I enjoy in 40 years time nevermind at this stage of my life. I have wasted alot of my life so far, concerned with what I 'should' be doing and not with what I want to be doing. An old indian proverb says that " do what makes you happy and you will always do well". I think that's very true.

Embrace the uncertainty of tomorrow with open arms and let the river flow carry you where it may, for change is truly life's only constant.

No comments: